help with bilateral itchy rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

help with bilateral itchy rash

I have broke out with a rash off and on for a year.  I was tested last november for DH and one  test said yes and one  said no.  I have little red bumps in clumps on my body that are very itchy.  I am on a gluten free diet, and am very strict, but I am also human.  I don't know if maybe it is from playing playdoe with my boy and forgetting to wash my hands or somehting.  The bumps seem to be worse on one side of my body than on the other but do appear to be bilateral.  If I itch them then the bumps seem to get worse and itch even more.  I am going to be tested hear soon for thyroid problems, I have a lot of the hypothyroidism symptoms.  Any advice is warranted and appreciated.
Tags: itchy rash, bilateral, help

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.