hemangioma
My son who is 5 just recently had a mass pop up on his left side on the bottom part of his ribs.  The family doctor sent us to a dermatologist who then refered us to another dermatologist.  The first dermatologist ordered an MRI to try to diagnois the problem since it would take 3 weeks to get in to the other doctors office.   After reviewing the MRI they belive he has a hemangioma under the skin she is suggesting surgery since it has signs of bleeding.  Is this the normal course of treatment for this because he has hemaphilia?
Hemangiomas are benign tumors of the endothelial cells. Depending on the type of hemangioma, some hemangiomas are generally treated with steroid injections or laser treatments. Sometimes steroids and interferons may be needed for the hemangiomas. If your son is hemophilic, then you can discuss the option of laser treatment with his dermatologist. But the decision entirely lies with the dermatologist because without physical examination, it is very indecisive to say anything.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.