herpes(?) on the butt cheek, looks like blisters

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

every once in a while I seem to get an outbreak of these blister-like formations on the right butt cheek, & always in the same place.  I really do not notice if it is due to diet, or an over abundance of stress, or whatever is the case here; but when it happens the only thing that works for me to clear it up, is a bath powder with baking soda in it, or a baby powder.  That seems to dry it up further and quicker.  Or, you could also use a Gold Bond Powder that has a drying agent.  Mine has a tendency to itch, only when it is about to clear itself up, and tender to the touch when it first appears.  I have found that if you keep the area clean, and where clean underwear everyday(some folks do not), that this helps a lot. I have had this condition for a few years now, and do not know where or who I got it from, and will probably never to figure this one out!

This discussion is related to Rash or Herpes between butt cheeks?.

There could be several causes for the symptoms you are having. You should reconsult with your doctor to rule out the following possible causes -

'Perfumes, chemicals, or dye on toilet paper can cause an allergic reaction.

Moisture from sweat or diarrhea may cause itching. If the anal skin stays wet, the skin begins to break down.

Some foods irritate the anus when they are expelled during a bowel movement. The most common culprits are caffeine, chocolate, beer, nuts, dairy products, and spicy food.

Infections such as pinworms, yeast, and genital warts can cause itching.

Hemorrhoids, which cause painful swelling of blood vessels in the anal area, can cause itching.

Cancer, in rare instances, may be a cause.'

Therte are certain factors which predispose to the risk of developing anal itching as a symptom.

'Factors that put people most at risk for anal itching are as follows:

Diabetes

Recent antibiotic use

Chronic dry skin conditions such as psoriasis and seborrhea

Profuse sweating.'

Do discuss these with your doctor and exclude any possible causes in your case.

Post us if you need any further information and let us know about how you are doing.

Regards.
I feel your pain,so did u figured out what u could use to stop the pain and itching?