herpes scars

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

herpes scars

I went to the doctor today about my 4 year old herpes problem in the genital area. He took a look and said that there was nothing he could do about my scars and bump and that is was natral to have scars and they were dormant. He recomended that I go to a dermatologist. I was wondering if there were creams to get rid of the bumps and scars that a dermatologist could write a prescription for.

You should consult an expert dermatologist or a plastic surgeon that will be able to give you a definitive line of treatment for these scars. Usually these scars improve through the use of a combination of laser treatment, dermabrasion or use of chemical peels. The treatment however would depend on the exact location and depth of the scars on the body the scars.

Dermabrasion is a cosmetic surgery procedure performed most commonly to improve scars due to acne, chicken pox, small pox and other skin conditions. It involves removal of the superficial layer of skin with no blood loss.

Take care

Not necesarily the scars but the bumps on the penis from herpes. Is there anything that can be done to make the bumps go away besides surgery. Is there not a cream that will get rid of the bumps.