hives or bites

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hives or bites

I had two red marks looked like hives or bites on belly they stood for about a week got smaller now they are gone now I have two pea size red spots with dot in middle surrounded by red ringed circle.  What is this I am totally confused  Thank you.  Are very itchy.  I do have food allergies if that helps and I did eat the foods I am allergic too.
It is not clear whether these itchy round patches are due to ring worm, nummular dermatitis or granuloma annulare. From the description(dry, red, itchy), it seems like nummular dermatitis but exact confirmation has to be done first. Steroids prescribed in nummular dermatitis can worsen the symptoms if it is ringworm.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.