hives/red itchy rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hives/red itchy rash

There is no question - i have read about so many menopausal women with this problem.  I agree if they can send men into space why cant they find a solution to this. At 61yrs I developed a rash on my arms and hands - combination of red lumps like bites and red rash. The naturopath tested me for allergies - results - non specific with sensitivities to grains. I did the diet thing along with minerals etc but it only got worse. It then went to my back, chest,neck and face and tummy area. IIt is so uncomfortable -hot and itchy and i live on antihistamines and sleeping tabs. I have done the rounds of GPs, dermatologists. ( who said it was stress related dermatitis) I tried acupuncture and it blew out of proportion - but that proved they were on the right track - so now i am on Chinese herbs with some relief - but as i have had this condition for 12 months now i guess it wont go in a hurry - liver stress so they say.  Previous to all this  I had been through a major crisis in my life - relationship breakup, the selling of a lovely house and then depression hit. I put my belongings into storage until was feeling better and moved interstate for a sea change where i now live in paradise.  

This discussion is related to Could my chronic hives be related to a hormone imbalance.
From your symptoms eczema, atopic dermatitis and psoriasis needs to be ruled out. Try lubricating the skin frequently, avoiding harsh soaps and cleansers, preventing scratching or rubbing whenever possible, protecting skin from excessive moisture, irritants, and rough clothing, maintaining a cool, stable temperature and consistent humidity levels, limiting exposure to dust, cigarette smoke, pollens, and animal dander & Recognizing and limiting emotional stress.

If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist for these possibilities.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
thankyou for your comment.