hives turning purple?
my 2 year old has had hives for now 5 days took her to famliy doc they put her on steroids and zertch for itching now  there turning purple is the hives healing up or do i need to be concerned
If she were mine, I'd call the same MDs office and let them know what you are seeing.Hives should not have to 'heal'...they are not sores. They are allergic responses to an allergen.
Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours. They are common after viral infections.
If they are turning purple then other skin conditions need to be ruled out. My suggestion is to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.