hives
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am having hives since a week. I don`t know how i got it. It came as small red pimples but now i`ve got big dark red spots on my back. I would like some advice.

Thank you

Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications.

The treatment of hives includes antihistamines which may be necessary for prolonged periods (in excess of 6 weeks).They include cetirizine(zyrtec) or Loratadine(Claritin) Sedating antihistamines such as Chlorphenamine(benadryl) is used at night to get urticaria control. Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms.
You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement.Application of calamine lotion on the itchy areas and some mild corticosteroid cream is also useful.Pls consult an allergy specialist for examination and  for the prescription of treatment.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.