hole on butt crack

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hole on butt crack

i have 5 to 6 small holes at the top of the crack they dont bleed or have anything coming out of them, just want to see if i needed to see a doctor

I suppose that you are talking about pilonidal dimple. It is a small hole or sinus in the sacral area at the very top of the crease between the buttocks.

The majority of pilonidal dimples are harmless, congenital anomalies that consist of a small depression or pit. There may be increased hairiness around the area.The pilonidal dimple may also be a deep tract, rather than a shallow depression, leading to a sinus that may contain hair. These can become infected and drain.Then it is called a pilonidal sinus and if it joins the spine then it is called a fistula.

If there is no discharge,then pls don’t worry .Just keep the area clean and hygienic.But if there is any discharge then pls consult a general surgeon.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted.

do you know if the holes will get any bigger are deeper

Pilonidal dimple can extend deep and may get infected and form a sinus.It can also go further deep and form a fistula with the spinal cord.Then it becomes infected and painful.Surgery is then required.If it is lying as such,no management except for good hygiene is required.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.
What would it mean if it was secreting sweet smelling pus?