Dermatology Expert Forum
holes in skin on lower leg
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

holes in skin on lower leg

what could be the cause of these holes?
there are 2 on the inside of leg and 1 on outer side. they are the size of a large pea and quite deep. they do not bleed..I had a itchy rash on lower leg and still have hard remnants on surface of skin..I used Fluocinonide cream 0.50%
for itch and rash.  itch is gone..holes have developed and remain for the past 3 months..will the holes ever close up? also, tey are surronded by a thin red ring.

Thanks for any input.
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Lorrie:

Unless there is scarring from scratching, I can only guess at the nature of these "holes."  The best approach is to do nothing for 2 or 3 months.  The holes, if caused by scratching, may fill in.  If they don't, perhaps you should show them to someone.

Best.

Dr. R
2 Comments
Blank
Lorrie,

I also have had the same holes on my legs and arms when I was about 8 years old (I am 28 now).  After many biopsies and dermatologists, the name of the problem was never diagnosed.  I still have scars from these holes, although they are the same color as my skin and have filled in to nearly the same surface level as the rest of my skin.  They no longer have nerve sensation where the scars occur.  

If you have any more information as to what this type of problem is (or name of diagnosis), I would really appreciate your input!  Please respond to ***@****.

Thank you!
Lisa
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers