hot itchy scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hot itchy scrotum

For the past 2 yrs i have had  off  and on a hot itchy feeling on my scrotum and no where else.I have to scratch till its raw and I have used  prescription creams  and powders and non irritating soaps to try and get rid of it .I also get about 2 to 3 scabs sometimes that i end up scratching off and they hurt. I also get an itchy feeling like it seems up my pee hole. Sometime at night i wake up and my scrotum  feels very hot , I have to remove the blanket till it cools . I must add that i am 50 yrs old , married with same partner and i am at my wits end with this . The problem is only on my scrotum and no where else on my body! I don't think its herpes because i have seen pictures and I have no blisters or anything closely resembling the photos.  Please if anyone can help I would be very grateful.
Tags: scrotum

I cannot confirm anything without examination but it sounds like fungal infection,tinea cruris. Wash your scrotum daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying,not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy sacs.The damp skin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply.Also wear cotton underwears and change them twice a day and do not share other people’s towels.Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment.

If the symptoms persist then pls get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Xerotic eczema,senile pruritis,atopic dermatitis,contact dermatitis,parasitic infestations,diabetes and liver or kidney pathologies have to be ruled out.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.Kind regards.

hey thanx for the advice kindd , I'm using this  special  type of cleaner  called spectrogel and it seems to be working . There is no more scabs or rough skin on my scrotum,however  there is still is a lot of itching that i have to scratch like crazy . I think i'm gonna go to a doctor for some pills maybe just to be safe and get rid of it finally once and for all !! This spectrogel , is you rub it in to your skin in a circular motion in the bath and do this for at least 30 seconds and then you pat dry with towel and then i use a blowdryer to make sure its really dry.This seems to have helped  it a great deal . Thanku sooo much!!  regards mickeyd57
I know this may sound hard. But do not scratch. I had a similar problem. You need to be very careful with the skin in that area. I used an icepack to numb the area, when it itched. If it is tinea, you may need to use something stronger. I used the cream that comes with woman's yeast infection kits. It worked allot better.
Dear kindd,

In a recent post you wrote the following to a gentleman about a hot, itchy feeling on the scrotum:

"Hello,

If the symptoms persist then pls get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Xerotic eczema,senile pruritis,atopic dermatitis,contact dermatitis,parasitic infestations,diabetes and liver or kidney pathologies have to be ruled out."

>>>>I'm interested in what you said in the last parargraph about ruling out DIABETES: What does an itchy, hot scrotum have to do with diabetes? And does a burning scrotum fall into that as well?

Thank you.

J.