Dermatology Community
how can this itching jump locations on your body?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

how can this itching jump locations on your body?

i've been searching and reading and the itching is driving me nuts. i too have been diagnosed with "general skin rash" "scabies" "dermatitis allergen" or even the "perhaps its a reaction to your various meds" and reduce me down or eliminate the meds, but not the itching. i have been taking pics over months - it appears below my right elbow ... then above my left elbow ... my right wrist .... there is the "deep-seated-want-to-cut-my-hand/arm-off itch" where i've scratched layers of skin off the palm of my hand, then the itch appears on the left with a small rash, then the head itches .... now i've got a "necklace band of rash" and it burns like "burning nettle" - the littlest wisp of a hair against the skin can set off a scratching episode. i've tried mixing everything from vagisil anti-itch cream with the topical steriod with acne cream - i've even used dog shampoo "bio spot" on my body ... i can't sleep ... the prescription strength antihistihmine doesn't work ... aveeno or diaper rash cream helps some ... i take antidepressent citalopram hydrobromide ... that is the only change in the past year that i've had this itch problem - i was weened off depakote, lorazapam and simisivan (for cholesterol). i do have sciatica/low back problems and just recently began receiving shots .... so the shots isn't it. my face itches ... anything that i can scratch ....if there is a scab anywhere, i will scratch that off too .... i take extend sleep ambian - and i scratch and wake up from that too .....on to doctor number 3 tomorrow and then wait to see a dermatologist .... "stop scratching" "think about something else" "distract yourself" = yeah right - you itch like this and see how well you sleep and can focus........

This discussion is related to Sever arm itching.