how do i get rid of the white spots on my face?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

ok well i am 14 years old and i have these white spots on my face which really really irritate me. i am assuming its from the sun because they get more exposed in the summer. also every time i come out from taking a shower, they get whiter for some reason and then get less white after a while but its still really visible. i really want to get rid of them but i don't how. my cousin told me he had them too but just started eating more fruits and water and they faded. so can you please tell me how to get rid of them?
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be tinea versicolor. Tinea versicolor is caused by a fungus that lives in the skin of almost all adults. Factors that can cause the fungus to become more visible include high humidity and immune or hormone abnormalities. Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines. Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine, ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral. If the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.