how long does a hematoma take to heal

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

how long does a hematoma take to heal

I had a breast biopsy last week, and the dr. hit a blood vessel and I have a hematoma.  How long will it take to heal and the hematoma go away?  Dr. said to ice it, I read in another question from someone, that you suggested a warm compress, which will make it disappear faster?  Thank you.
Tags: hematoma
A hematoma is formed because of blood trapped in tissues. The blood under the skin which causes hematoma should be totally reabsorbed by the body in three weeks or less. Apply warm compresses and take some over the counter anti inflammatory pain reliever like ibuprofen (advil) or diclofenac. You can also apply topical antinflammatory creams.

If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.