DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
how to stop using melacare and its safe substitute ?
by pallavi15, Apr 06, 2012
Hello Doctor,
                   I'm a 20 year old girl from India. I have been using Melacare forte cream on my face at night everyday and Faceclin gel during the day  for the last 3 years as prescribed by my physician . My facial skin has got an excellent glow, it looks fair and beautiful and soft. But since melacare contains steroid stuff I don't want to continue with it anymore. So I want to know whether I straight away stop using applying and start putting normal cosmetic cream on my face or do I have to apply some other medicated cream before I switch to the usual cosmetic cream ?PLEASE HELP!
Member Comments (8)
by tschockBlank, Apr 06, 2012
The package insert says not to use for extended amounts of time unless otherwise prescribed by your physician.

"Don't use Melacare Cream for extended time or more often than prescribed as it may disrupt in creation of your own natural adrenal corticoid hormones in the body."

I have searched completely and cannot find any other relevant information about stopping it's usage.

You should ask your doctor or pharmacist, as they have books that give them complete descriptions.

by rash79, Sep 10, 2012
I'm a 25 year old.I have been using Melacare forte cream on my face at every night from last 3 months. My facial skin looks fair and beautiful. But since melacare contains steroid stuff I don't want to continue with it anymore. So I want to know whether I straight away stop using applying and start putting normal cosmetic cream on my face or do I have to apply some other medicated cream before I switch to the usual cosmetic cream ?PLEASE HELP!
by winnie530, Oct 27, 2012
i hve z same query as well..
i have been using sunscreen along wd a few other creams for my acne since 3 yrs and i am 20..
i realy want to stop z use of those creams now..
i tried stopping it b4..but my acne problem jst starts again n my face gets really dull without the sunscreen.what should i do???..
by Robertirwing, Jun 04, 2013
i have use mela care cream for last 2 month which I bought here http://www.internationaldrugmart.com/over-the-counter-meds/melacare-cream.shtml. But when i have stop this cream my skin looks very dark please tell me. so don't stop just like that.
by Nekirana, Nov 30, 2013
Hi I m using melacare since 7 yrs, but in between I stop using it, my skin gets darker than it was originally and now I am Florida, USA, wether is just like India and sunlight, so my skin is getting worse please help me to improve my skin
by 9446489022, Jun 02, 2014
i am 17 years old & i am male
i am frm india,kerala and i am using melaglow cream for 3 weeks but i didnt get much glowing face and my face is medium dark
my friend tells that MeLACARE cream is the best 100% positive result for whitening dark face but some tells that it as side effect that if u use melacare cream our skin become more dark even without going to sunlight and is it true....?
Plz tell
by ppat4, Jul 17, 2014
can you use melacare on other parts of your body
by ppat4, Jul 17, 2014
and I am an African American