huge pore that is growing in size

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

huge pore that is growing in size

HELLO, I WONDER IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME. I HAVE DEVELOPED OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS A PORE ON THE SIDE OF MY NOSE. OVER TIME IT HAS GRADUALLY GOT DEEPER AND NOW WIDER...IT IS QUITE DISGUSTING AND IS UPSETTING ME A LOT. IT HAS A CENTRAL HOLE WHICH SOMETIMES FILLS WITH SKIN COLOURED STUFF THAT IS HARD. AROUND THE HOLE (BUT UNDER THE SKINS SURFACE) THERE IS A VISIBLE DIAMETER OF SHINY SKIN THAT ALMOST RESEMBLES SCAR TISSUE...YOU CAN ONLY SEE THIS IN CERTAIN LIGHTS.THERE IS NO REDNESS OR FLAKEY SKIN, MY SKIN IS VERY SMOOTH BUT WITH THIS VERY OBVIOUS PORE TYPE OF HOLE. I HAVE SEEN A DOCTOR WHO JUST SAID WE SHOULD WATCH IT FOR A WHILE AND NOT TO WORRY, IT HAS NOW BECOME SO MUCH BIGGER AND IT FEELS LIKE A TICKLY SENSATION ON MY FACE. I AM AWARE OF THE HOLE, I CAN FEEL IT IN MY SKIN. I WENT TO ANOTHER DOCTOR WHO HAS NOW REFERRED ME TO A DERMATOLOGIST AND SAYS I MIGHT HAVE A RODENT ULCER. HAVING LOOKED THIS UP ON THE INTERNET IT DOESNT SEEM TO BE THIS, AND NOW I AM EXTREMELY WORRIED I HAVE SOME FORM OF SKIN CANCER. PLEASE COULD ANYONE TELL ME IF THEY HAVE HEARD OF THIS TYPE OF HUGE PORE HOLE BEFORE AND WHAT IT IS.

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS POST.

C.HALL