hydrocortisone on face
I read on this forum once that skin thinning on the face after using hydrocortisone a bit too much is reversible. I've googled and searched for hours upon hours and haven't found any cures or ways to reverse skin thinning. I know i used the hydrocortisone too much and that has to be the reasoning for red and flaky skin on my cheeks. So my question is how is this reversible?
What you have is called steroid induced rosacea. Steroid induced rosacea or dermatitis is an adverse effect of using steroids. Some patients develop steroid-induced rosacea within weeks of applying a topical steroid; others may not experience it for years.

Using tacrolimus often resolves the itch, redness, and tenderness of steroid-induced rosacea but it should be taken after a dermatologist’s guidance. Avoiding rosacea triggers, such as caffeine, spicy foods, and alcohol, also may help clear the skin. If the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist. Also use of antibiotic creams, antihistaminics, sun screens helps but consultation of a dermatologist is required first.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

This actually sounds right. I've had people comment that i probably have rosacea. I have all the "symptons" i would assume that a rosacea patient has. My skin is actually pretty decent in the summer time, usually gets redder the hotter it is or the more i excercise, but its definately the worst in winter. They are definately sensitive to the littlest bit of weather change and living in Wisconsin doesn't help that at all with a short summer and long winter. I have an appointment with my dermatologist tomorrow and i'll see what he thinks. Thanks