hyper pigmentation on upper lip line

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hyper pigmentation on upper lip line

Hi.  I am a 30 year old female who just gave birth back in October.  Before that,  I was on prescribed birth control for about 7 years.  I have a dark reddish brown line of hyper pigmentation on my upper lip line that has gradually gotten darker over the past four years ( which was when I first started to notice it ).   I'm not sure if it is melasma or not.  It is not a dark patch or blotch of color above my lip that looks like a mustache.  It is literally on my upper lip line and looks like I am wearing lip liner.  It also gets darker when I eat.  I have researched melasma and understand that using sunscreen is very important and that it can prevent further discoloration,  so I do use it everyday.  I would just like some help as to how I can fade or get rid of what I have now.

Thanks for reading
The treatment for such hyperpigmentation includes various skin creams like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment.Apply hydroquinone cream on this scar and it should go away in a few days to months.If it still persists then you can go in for laser treatment, Chemical peeling or microdermabrasion. Avoid picking, harsh scrubbing, and abrasive treatments unless prescribed by a dermatologist during this period.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.