hyperpigmentation after cryosurgery..

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hyperpigmentation after cryosurgery..

Hi.
I have seen your post. It was long back i guess. I had a cryosurgery about 6-7 months before. Half the area healed but still half the area is not. Doctor told me its hyperpigmentation and gave me finacea to use.

Whenever i try to apply any recommended cream the area goes red after one application itself. Last time i applied hydroquinone but the area became red and ugly. i stopped using it.

Any suggestions? what should i do.. Has your hyperpigmentation gone? What have you done to it.?In how many months it dissappeared?

thanks in advance
What you have is post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and the redness is due to hydroquinone which you are using. You can go in for laser treatment, Chemical peeling or microdermabrasion for which get it examined from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi..Well i dont want to trust any of these treatments. Because these surgeries makes the skin very ugly and red and leaves a scar. I am trying to reduce it with the help of creams. I have started using mederma . Its 5 days till now that i have started applying mederma. I dont see any difference except my skin has become red.It has formed a circle. I am afraid of the results but i will continue using it. Because my skin has become very sensitive around that spot. So what ever cream i apply it becomes red. I am suffering with this scar since quite a long now. When i call my doctor who first performed cryosurgery,always say that i need another treatment of cryo. I say Please Doctor not again. For the first attempt of cryosurgery the freezing made lot of damage to the skin. So i wonder if further cryo may results in severe damage because my skin is very sensitive. And that to its the face..Even more sensitive.

I am using mederma now. The scar is nothing but due to excessive freezing with liquid nitrogen the skin is not able to heal. It left with brownish spots.Half the portion healed and the remaing half has to be healed.

Do you have any idea whether Mederma works on this type of scar?

Thanks in advance