i also have a rash around my mouth
i have also been dealing with a red rash around my mouth. I've had it for over a year now. It comes and goes, sometimes competely disappearing for days or weeks on end. It is red, around my mouth, it can be itchy at times, and has a burning sensation. when it burns the only relief I get is holding ice packs to my face. I have seen several doctors and specialists about my condition, but none are able to diagnose my problem. I find personally the only thing that gets rid of the redness is prednisone, which i don't like to use too often. Any more help??

This discussion is related to 4 yr old has bright red Rash around mouth - looks like Bozo the clown!.
You seem to be having perioral dermatitis. Perioral dermatitis is a chronic papulopustular and eczematous facial dermatitis.It is usually characterized by an uncomfortable burning sensation around the mouth. Itching is not a common symptom.Treatment consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided.
If the symptoms are not controlled by topical antibiotics,then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult your doctor and discuss this with them.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.