Dermatology Expert Forum
i have 2 small black spots on genitals

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

i have 2 small black spots on genitals
I am a 38 year old woman and sexually active. Today i discovered 2 black spots on the inside of my left labia major. They are situated just on the underside of the 'lip' on the pink skin. One is larger and darker than the other. The larger one is round, about 2mm diameter, hard to touch, raised and black/purple in colour. It cannot be squeezed and is not puss filled. It's like a hard, raised mole and is not painful or itchy. I am worried because I haven't noticed them before, they seem to have appeared over the last week or so. I don't know if they are a melanoma or ingrown hair or wart or std. Please help!
They're probably collections of blood vessels that you didn't notice before.  Please show them to your doctor next chance you get.  Meantime, don't squeeze them so the doctor can tell what's going on.  

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, i have the same thing? did you find out what it was? was started.
A related discussion, discoloration was started.
A related discussion, black spots was started.