i have a small rash under the ring of my penis
i have a small rash under the ring of my penis and it irratates alot i been putting clobetasol propionate usp 0.05% cream on it and just found out it expired on apr 2012 please help what should i do other than go to the doctor
This rash on the penis can be due to contact dermatitis, rash due to friction rub with clothes, dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic),excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis or balanitis(due to an underlying infection (bacterial and fungal as well as other organisms).

You may try calamine lotion on the rash. You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or calamine lotion or a mild steroid cream on the rash.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

THANK YOU I WILL MAKE AN APPIONTMENT WITH MY DR