i have a sore, and bumps around anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

i have a sore, and bumps around anus

i have what seems to be a sore, a cold sore, with fluid, blister like, and bumps around my anus, i've tried to applied coritizone and neosporion around my anus but it did not seem to have.  Is it possible that I have herpe?

please answer,
thanks,
worried guy

This discussion is related to Rash on Buttocks.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I understand your concern. With regards to these sores, for how long have you experienced them?

Are they itchy or are they more painful?

There are several differentials for this.With a significant sexual history, herpes may be a differential as you have described them to be blister like and containing fluid. If this has been present for quite some time already , a fungal infection may be considered.However, you have noted that this did not responsd to some of your topical antifungal medications. A dermatitis may also lead to a similar presentation. Anal fissures may also cause soreness and pain.

I suggest that you have this assessed by your internist or primary physician. Refrain from any sexual activity first until the cause of these lesions have been ascertained. You may be tested for herpes but usually a complete medical history and physical examination may help provide a diagnosis.
thanks for the additional info. I have used Neosporin, Cortizon and Clotrimazole cream (fungus) nothing changed.  I have seen a doctor, he's prescribing Valtrax and cream to apply.
It is so important that people who have Herpes or may not known that they have Herpes to be more careful about their health.  Apparently before I got together with someone, I always ask about their health.  But if someone like myself who doesn't know he/she has the Herpes virus then you are just exposing yourself to other people and that is not fair.  Thanks!

I forgot to ask my doctor, but I wonder after if you had treatment for Herpes, is it possible that you can still pass Herpes to others b/c the Herpes virus doesn't go away?