i have like several tiny bumps on my arm that are spreading.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

im not sure if it a rash or if its an infection, but it was just one spot on my left arm at first and then it spread all over my arm and then over to my right arm. they are like super tiny bumps on my arm like there are like several of them where there are like bunched together. i was wondering what they were and if they were serious. so again they are very tiny bubbles on my arm some bunched and some spread. thanks and i need help asap!
This could be an allergic reaction or an infection.Is it associated with itching/burning/pain?
You can apply a mild Corticosteroid ointment on the rash.If it itches you could take oral anti-histamines and apply Calamime lotion on it.
If it does not subsie then you may have to get it examined as it might require a course of antibiotics to get it resolved.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Herpetic skin conditions caused by HSV type 1 infection may be a differential here. Contact allergic dermatitis is also a differential to be considered .Both these skin conditions may present with vesicles or blisters that cluster together. They may be painful or tingling in the case of a herpetic skin condition. Applying a mildly potent corticosteroid over the area may help alleviate any redness and swelling if these are present. Dermatitis may present with itchiness while herpes may present with pain. These two conditions have to be differentiated through a complete physical examination. You may need to have this assessed by your doctor so that the right medications be given.
Hi, my boyfriend had recently found these lumps on my arm that werent there yesturday I didnt take much notice of it I felt it and thought it was a couple of pimples or something but just now I felt my arm and there are lumps everywere but only on the back of my arm. They are not itchy, not red, most of them are clumped together and they are hard and if I try to pick or scratch one it hurts.. Advise to anyone who has had this happen to them or knows what it might be ?

Thanks.