Aa
A
A
Close
i need help
I  was diagnosed with a pyrogenic granuloma last may and when i traveled to my doctor he had it removed through a self cauterizing scalpel. Since then the problem has grown back ten fold. Now they are above the skin and rupture frequently. What can I do?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Pyogenic granuloma is a relatively common skin growth.It often seems to follows a minor injury and grows rapidly over a period of a few weeks to an average size of a half an inch. A sample is usually obtained for biopsy analysis. This is particularly important since as many as half of treated cases will recur and need a second treatment. At times multiple smaller pyogenic granulomas form following a treatment as in your case.

Most pyogenic granulomas are scraped off with an instrument called a curette and lightly cauterized to decrease the chance they will re-grow. It would be best to have this evaluated further for proper management. Some doctors prefer to treat with chemicals (TCA, podophyllin, phenol, silver nitrate) or by laser surgery. The highest cure rates are obtained when the growth is removed by full thickness surgical excision, and closed with stitches.

Take care and regards.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank