Dermatology Expert Forum
i think i have genital warts

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

i think i have genital warts

i had anal sex with a girl 5 months ago and found out later that week that she had hpv. it is now 5 months later and im freakin out. on the tip of my penis i can see white spots all over the head like the beginning stages of genital warts or something(some are long,small), none of these are raised but they are grouped together, my penis tip is also turning white on top and the side kinda, i recently had some bloodwork done for epstein barr, mono, and cbc.the mono and cbc came back negative but the epstein barr came back with IGG underneith it saying 100.00 posative. the lab wrote underneith all of the results that i dont have epstein barr now but it looks like a had an infection in the past. please tell me something good.
OK, warts generally affect the shaft of the penis, not the head.  Please go see a doctor, perhaps the one who ordered the blood work.  That way you'll find out what you have and it probably isn't warts.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
i also forgot to ask, what should happen when you apply vinegar to your penis. thankyou doctor
i just called and asked my doctor abou tthe igg being posative and he said that it doesnt mean that i have genital warts or hpv, is this true? im sorry abou tthe added comments.
Don't apply vinegar--the results are unreliable.  IgG to Epstein-Barr means exposure to that virus, not to warts or herpes.

Dr. Rockoff
my boyfriend (whom i have not had sex with ) just found out he has hpv, i was wondering if it is still contagous after the warts are removed? please help
the last couple weeks i've noticed my penis and scrotum have become very very dry with my scrotum itching more than anything else i've ever had.  lately i've noticed some red spots on my shaft and head of my penis that aren't raised, but definately look like dry cracked skin. i'm really concerned that i may have HPV.  My problem is that i haven't had sex since october, and i was safe when i had it (condoms) and i haven't had unprotected sex in at least 3 years andits only now things are showing.  any clues on what's going on?