ics squamous cell and hutchinsons

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

ics squamous cell and hutchinsons

after being recently diagnosed with both squamous cell carcinoma and hutchinsons melanotic freckle, I decided to post some pics of both. The reason is that I always believed that skin cancer resembled a mole gone worng. neither of mine are moles and so I ignored them both.  I think people need to see that skin cancer comes in a massive variety of appearances, so that ANY lesion that has been there for a little while and is irregular in its shape, regardless of colour, flat of a lump, should be evaluated by a skin specialist - not just a doctor. My doctor saw the one on my hand and said it was nothing!  Please see these links to pics of both and spread the word of warning to others
I was recently diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma on my hand and also a Hutchinsons melatonic freckle on my back ,both  are malignant skin cancers. I wanted to post these two links as I had no real thought that mine were anything sinister. I always beleived that skin cancer was a mole gone wrong! neither of mine are moles. the squamous on my hand is a pink lump with a little bit of hard skin on the top centre and the one on my back is perfectly flat - unlike a mole that is usually at least slightly raised , but it is also a very irregular shape and brown in colour. I have a dozen or so real freckles - this is about 5 times the size.   A normal freckle should be a perfectly regular shape
Please see these links as a warning that basically any skin lesion can be a concern if it has been there for a while and, irregular in its shape. Moles are only one type!!! My squamous cell on the hand is identical to the one on the top row, 4th left, but as you will see the variation is almost limitless

http://au.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-501-s&sz=all&va=squamous+cell+carcinoma

http://au.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oGkma.nAtRvykA_6EL5gt.?p=hutchinsons+freckle&fr=yfp-t-501&fr2=piv-web

Tags: Squamous Cell, Cancer, Skin Cancer, lumps, lesions, skin cancer pictures, hutchinsons freckle, hutchinsons