Dermatology Expert Forum
infected hair follicles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

infected hair follicles
About four months ago I noticed pain in my genitals. I went to the urologist and was diagnosed with prostatis. After about a week I noticed these pink bumps on my genitals. They sometimes itch but not all of the time. One on each side of my penis on the shaft, and four spread out randomly in my pubic hair area.  When I went back to the urologist he told me that they were just infected hair follicles and not to worry. It has been about a two and a half months since I first noticed them. Is this unusual? and what ways if any are there for me to get rid of them?
It isn't unusual.  The best way to get rid of them is to leave them alone, because any intervention tends to aggravate and perpetuate them.  If the urologist who saw them thought that's what they are, I'd ignore them.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
thanks my mind is at ease