ingrown hair on breast

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

ingrown hair on breast

this is the 3 rd time ive had what the one doctor told me was a ingrown hair in my breat..its bad this time..breast is all red mid way down..swollen..today it busted open draining brown yucky stuff..whats a good thing to do or not to do for it ..i need some pointers..thnx
For the ingrown hair, Apply warm compresses on the bumps and keep the area clean.Drainage of the bump is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.

Till then, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.