ingrown hair scars and sores in pubic area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hi,

I had a bikni about 4 months ago, about month after i started to get ingrown hairs everywhere on the top part (not on the sensitive parts). I got them out as sterile as i could and they reapeared for about a month. Now i think i have all the hair out but Im left with sores everywhere! and where they are healing, the skin is going a dark purple and it looks terrible. some sores are still there which makes me think there is still hair there.
I really dont want to go to the doctors. I am only 18 and this was my first ever wax. im so embarrassed and im sick of feeling ugly!
some one please help me, i just want to be normal
Ingrown hair is a condition where the hair curls back or grows sideways into the skin. While ingrown hair most commonly appears in areas where the skin is shaved (beard, legs, pubic region), it can appear anywhere.
Anything which causes the hair to be broken off short with a sharp tip can cause ingrown hair. Shaving is the leading cause, followed by tight clothing. The embedded hair causes a localized inflammation (sometimes painful) response in the skin.
Symptoms include rash, itching skin, hair which remains in spite of shaving, and infection and pus collecting under skin.
For the pain  you could use  Ibuprofen or other NSAIDs.
You could apply anti-bacterial cream for the sores.
hi,

thanks for the advice, Should i worry that it has been like 4 months without them going away? also what can i do if it scars? are scars likely. how long does it take for skin that is sensitive (like down there) to heal?
im really worried i will be permanently like this!
im a female.  i have a really painfull lump in between my vagina opening and my bum it isnt straight in the middle tho more to the right side, its is quite a big lump abount a centimenter and is red. it really hurts when i touch it and is hard. what is this? im really scared to go and see the doctor im 16.
I am of mixed ethnicity (African American and Caucasion). I've read African Americans are 60-80% more prone to ingrown hairs. I get ingrown hairs on the top part of my pubic area. Ive tried to remove them as sterile as I can. I still get them often and I am left with a lot of scars because of it. Its embarrassing. What can I do to get rid of these scars?