ingrown hairs on the pelvic area?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

ingrown hairs on the pelvic area?

So I have about 4 bumps on my pelvic are (the part where the hair grows) and I did shave a lot, but I didn't know how to correctly shave. around a year ago, i stopped shaving, because I found a small bump. But I just ignored it because I thought it will go away on its own. then last year, I was asked to model on this non profit group and i had to shave 'down there' again. The bump is still there, but I just ignored it again. Then a month after that, i found some small spots, which totally seem like ingrown hair. the skin wasn't elevated, except for the very first bump I had. it started to annoy me so I decided to dig the hair up. I was expecting some pus to come out, but nothing. I also tried popping the biggest bump but nothing came out and i couldn't find the hair. All I could feel is that there's something hard to touch and all that happened is it just bled. I did apply some antibiotic on them after that. then all of them grew. I have a picture:

http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm333/booboolei/DSC01132.jpg

By the way, these bumps didn't hurt at all, while I was trying to pop them, it didn't hurt. I amd also sure this is not an HPV or STD.

I've also tried applying tea tree oil but nothing happened. I started trying black salve/ drawing salve/ icthammol ointment just yesterday. I was expecting that it will lift up the hair overnight but it didn't.

ALSO, I can't consult a doctor or a dermatologist about this. Why? It's way too complicated to explain.

What should I do? has anybody had this problem before also? Is there any way to get rid of this before June this year? Thanks.

From the appearance of the small bumps,they look like folliculitis. It starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph). Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.

The bigger bump sounds like sebaceous cyst. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin.The other possibility that has to be ruled out is bartholin’s cysts .In my opinion,you have to consult a dermatologist for that.Rest assured,your symptoms are not as complicated as many others that we come across.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries.

Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention I have been applying an antibiotic containing neomycin for a couple of months now. But I don't see much progress from it. But I am only applying it on top of the bump, so do you mean, I should open the bump then apply it?

Also, while I was browsing the net for a cure, I found about Tea Tree Oil and Black salve. Do you think those might also work? Or do you think I shouldn't even bother trying them?

I really don't think I can consult our family doc since I don't want my mom to find out about it and I don't have any money to pay for the consultaion ( i heard it was expensive) although, we do have insurance. My mom pays for the insurance so I really think my mom would find out if I consulted the doctor.
Here's some info

Last night I decided to again apply an ointment containing neomycin on the bumps. This morning when I woke up, I noticed that the biggest bump kinda decreased in size.

However, while I was taking a bath last night, I found another bump on my right labia majora. It is just as big as the biggest one on the picture, and it doesn't hurt also.

I'm going to start applying the ointment on them at least 3 times a day starting today.

May I keep you updated on this?
Correction: The new lump I found was at the 'outer labia'

and another question, This isn't any virus or sexual disease isn't it? My vaginal opening is clean. no bumps on that area or rash. But I just want to make sure.