Dermatology Community
ingrown hairs scince hair started to grow
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ingrown hairs scince hair started to grow

hi doctor,
i am 17 years old and i have lots and lots of ingrown hairs on my legs. i have had them ever scince my hair started to grow when i was at a young age. i have dry skin, but i dont have any other skin conditions such as eczema. this is a big problem for me as almost all of my hair on my legs are ingrowing, which also makes me feel self concious. the ingorwn hairs are not red or bumpy, but just growing under my skin. i have tried to get rid of them by exfoliating and by using tweezers, but nothing seems to work.
please help me get rid of them

nili92

This discussion is related to ingrown hairs.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
For ingrown hair, apply warm compresses and keep the area clean. Other treatment options include shaving in a different direction, tweezing, exfoliating with facial scrubs, sponges, towels or creams containing acid and ibuprofen or other NSAIDs. Topical application of dilute glycolic acid and salicylic prepared solutions are also helpful. You can consult a dermatologist and discuss these treatment options with him.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Warm regards.

Blank
i tried to talk to a dermatologist but my G.P wont let me, he thinks that as long as i dont have loads of ingrown hairs on my face then its ok which i think is realy stupid. i dont know what to do, my legs are in need of help and im still stuck. i still scrub my skin everytime i shower.
help
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank