ingurnial hernia repair
I am a 34 yr old mother of 3.  On April 23, 2012 I had open surgery to repair a rather large inguinal hernia on my right side.  A week after surgery I called the surgeons office regarding my pain, which I thought was normal, only to be told that at that point I should be satisfied with Advil or Tylenol.  I was taking 2 percocets every four hours, and still had a lot of breakthrough pain.  My follow up appointment was scheduled for May 9, and the doctor cancelled it 2 hours before my appointment time, and I have been unsuccessful in reaching him to reschedule.  On May 24 I went into the ER as my pain was still extreme - could not even get a hug from my little one without crying.  The ER doctor said that the hernia repair had failed, and that a portion of it was incarcerated, and tried to contact the surgeon also (with no better response).  On August 8 my family doctor sent me for an ultrasound of the incision site, and subsequently told me that the results stated my now chronic pain is being caused by a hematoma, and that no treatment was required.  I am also experiencing pain on the surface of my groin area, as well as the full 6 inch interior incision, which feels thick, hard and twisted.
1st question - Is it normal to still have a hematoma 4 months after surgery?  2nd - What is the recommended treatment, if any?  3rd - Why am I still in so much pain that it affects my every day life?  4th - How much of this sounds normal?  I just want to be able to get on with my life, and I'm not feeling very confident in my medical team.  Thank you