inner thigh/scrotum rash
Over the past few weeks I have had an intense itch on the area between my upper inner thigh and scrotum. I looked closer to discover that the skin is peeling in that area and is now red and has an odd odor. I have tried powder incase it was a chaffing issue, but that does not seem to help. The intense itch continues and seems as if it might be spreading.
Along with this, a few ingrown hairs above my genitals have surfaced and I am experiencing a sore throat, however those might be coincidental.
Please offer and advice or input, as I would prefer to not seek medical attention for this.
From the symptoms of itching and odor, fungal infections need to be ruled out. Wash your groin daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying,not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins. The damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply. Also wear cotton underwears and change them twice a day and do not share other people’s towels.

Most cases of fungal infection respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.