Dermatology Community
inner thigh/scrotum rash
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

inner thigh/scrotum rash

Over the past few weeks I have had an intense itch on the area between my upper inner thigh and scrotum. I looked closer to discover that the skin is peeling in that area and is now red and has an odd odor. I have tried powder incase it was a chaffing issue, but that does not seem to help. The intense itch continues and seems as if it might be spreading.
Along with this, a few ingrown hairs above my genitals have surfaced and I am experiencing a sore throat, however those might be coincidental.
Please offer and advice or input, as I would prefer to not seek medical attention for this.
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the symptoms of itching and odor, fungal infections need to be ruled out. Wash your groin daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying,not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins. The damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply. Also wear cotton underwears and change them twice a day and do not share other people’s towels.

Most cases of fungal infection respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.  

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank