invisible bites

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

invisible bites

getting invisible bites believe to be mites but not sure, they bite hard not in groin or head so far.  driving me nuts cant sleep, now breaking out in rash, showering doesnt seem to help

This discussion is related to invisible insect infestation.

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or insect bites. Nothing can be said with absolute surety without having a look at the lesions.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.

I got bites all over me,but I can't see nothing,I'm super clean person,
but some thing unusual happens,the problem is on my bed,carpet,sofa,chairs,etc.etc.but the most terrible problem is that,my friends complain that I have some thing,because when they are close to me they got bite,please some body can help in this situation?
                                    Thanks Gino
so any news? did you manage to get rid of this problem,as i have the same i would like to know what is it