irritated bump

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

irritated bump

The skin in my testicular region has the red irritated bump and I am unaware of what it is,I do not think it is cancer but I think it might be something infected
It looks like folliculitis, boils or cyst. You should keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics and warm compresses. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and get cysts and herpes sores ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

It has gotten better,and I appreciate your help,thank you