irritation around eyes
I developed a rash which I believed was allergy from a new eye creme and later became slightly swollen in a small area. The skin in theses areas under the eyes began to droop and continues to itch. I have stopped using any aye creme but the "droopiness" and itch  are still there. Could  this be permanent? I had no droopy eye skin before this.

This discussion is related to Irritated under eye area.
It looks like irritant contact dermatitis to the eye cream. Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. Also take some oral antihistaminic like Benadryl to relieve itching.

If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.