is blackened skin tags cancerous ?
my question is close to one i just read, i have a skin tag on my side, and last night it started hurting, it is very tender
it is skin color but had a blacked tip..
a few years ago, i heard that if a skin tag turns black that it could be cancerous, is that true, should i be worried?

This discussion is related to Dangerous Skin Tag?.

A skin tag is a small flap of tissue that hangs off the skin by a connecting stalk. Skin tags are benign and are not dangerous. They are usually found on the neck, chest, back, armpits, under the breasts, or in the groin area. Skin tags appear most often in women, especially with weight gain, and in elderly people. They do not cause any pain. However, they can become irritated if anything such as clothing or jewelry rubs on them.

If you are still worried, your dermatologist can remove it by cutting it off with a scalpel or scissors, with cryotherapy, or with electrosurgery. If it persists, it would be best to have it evaluated further by your dermatologist.

Take care and keep us posted.
I have a skin tag that i was born with, and today it was hurting and very tender, and i have never had this happen to me so i took a look to see what was wrng , and the skin tag is flesh colored however  it had a blackened tip.. Is this cancerous and should i be concerned??? please  let me know hwta i should do ..
my skin tag that i have had for years has just starting hurting me and the area around it is red is this normal? nothing has been rubbing on it or irratating it. should i be concerned?