is it save to put vaseline in my penis ?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hi i am 21 year i have dryness in my penis i want to put vaseline  to lubricate it but i heard it may harm it my quesion is . is it save to put vaseline in my penis
thank you
You can apply Vaseline or vitamin E on the penis skin. You should also maintain hygiene and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or petroleum jelly applied directly to wet skin after bathing.

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks very much , i went to doctor ( not spacialist  because i can not go to him because he located far of my home) and he said to me you have fungai infection and prescribed to me a drug called itraconazole for 7 days the dose 200 two pills per day . After ate it , i improved and the glans (glands) were  less dryness and more sensitivity   so i was very happy .but when i stop the medication the dryness comeback and in the same time be less sensitivity in glans (glands) as the past . I hope prescriped to me medication more effective or cream that treated my problem . in the same time the fungai cause small single black spot in glans (glands) and make darker erea in in glans (glands) . I hope that is clear but if not i can send picture to you .thanks again