isolated rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

isolated rash

I have recently been exhibiting cold or allergy like symptoms. The only allergy I have ever had that I know of is to pineapple and I have not had any recently. I had a sore throat for several days last week and felt feverish but according to my thermometer I did not have a fever. The second day into the sore throat I broke out in an eczema like rash along the triceps of my arms. I didn't have it anywhere else. It started to fade after a couple of days.  Then Sunday I was outdoors with a short sleeve shirt on and the rash on the backs of my arms reappeared. By evening I also had it on my thighs along the sides of both my legs, obvious but not wide spread. I was wearing long pants. I talked to my doctor who doesn't seem to be concerned and just recommended an antihistimine in case of itching. It does not itch. Today, Tuesday, the rash has begun to spread just a very little to the right side of my face along my cheekbone. My cheekbone is sore to touch. It actually feels like someone hit me there. No one has hit me. This evening the tenderness along my cheekbone is turning into a tension headache along the right side of my head. I still have cold like symptoms but I don't feel sick. Should I go back to see my doctor. Any idea what I might be dealing with?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi.

This may be an allergic reaction to some unknown trigger. Another differential is a viral infection. The rash persists even with intake of the antihistamines? I suggest that you take the antihistamines as advised. Observe if this improves your symptoms. I suggest that you have this assessed by an internist or an infectious medicine specialist. This may be a viral infection and you may need some oral medications for this is indicated.

Was there any previous history of insect bites?

Any known allergies?