itch,legs,arms and back

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itch,legs,arms and back

Hi there
Am 35 years old am looking for answer I have had a out break of my skin just itching mostly after i get out of the shower and night time when i change my clothes i have to put creme on that i bought at the health food store trying to get some relief i cant sleep at night time untill i put creme on everyday and night i wish i had answer to my problem first i thought it could be stress cause of my life style changed so much and then i read some where it could be shingles but i dont know so if there anyone out there has answer am willing to try anything

This discussion is related to Severe Itching on arms.
The itching that you are having can be due to contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis, heat rash or urticaria. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.