itchiness of my arms and legs especially during at night

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

What are the usual effects of my itchiness at night especially on my arms and legs? My beddings are always been changed and also I wear a clean clothes at night. There are no rashes or sore on my arms and legs but its so itchy especially night time when I'm on bed already, this cause me not to sleep the whole night but itching the whole night. Am I have something to bothered about it? We are a family of diabetics and thyroid problems.Is this maybe the problem?
Going by your symptoms, the possibility of scabies is high. It is an infestation of the skin with the Sarcoptes scabiei mite. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

Other possibilities may be irritant contact dermatitis, allergies or hives.Diagnosis can be confirmed only after clinical examination. I feel that a dermatologist would be the best person to evaluate that.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.