itching and bumps around lips and mouth area
Symptoms:
Lips itch and become red and unsightly (I thought it was a food reaction??)
Then intense itching around mouth area and up to my nose, small bumps appear on each side of my mouth.
My face around mouth area is beginning to feel and look like leather and wrinkles intensify.
I've had 4 doctor visits about this with no healing results. Dx was dermititis and rosacea, Prescriptions for MethylPrednisolone, Locoid and Metroulam have not helped. I use Benedryl daily to releive itching.
I have limited my activities and social obligations because of this.  I'm miserable and need to know what help is available and what this is.
Please help.

Another differential could be  perioral dermatitis which is a common facial skin problem in adult women. It may present as groups of itchy or tender small red bumps around the mouth. They usually spare the skin bordering the lips may spread on the sides of the chin, then spreading to include upper lip and cheeks. The surrounding skin may be pink, and the skin surface often becomes dry and flaky. The exact cause is not understood may be induced by: face creams, moisturizers, cream cleansers, topical steroid creams or ointments.  Wash the face with warm water alone while the rash is present. A course of oral antibiotics for six to twelve weeks may also be indicated. Perioral dermatitis sometimes recurs when the antibiotics are discontinued, or at a later date.If it persists have this evaluated by a dermatologist for proper management.

Take care and keep us posted,
hey i hv have this rash around my nose , lips n chin .. little on my forehead n under eye.. doc told me its perioral dermititis n its been 2 months ..earlier doc were n sure they thought its fungal infection n treated me for dat but recently 2 weeks back i went to dis doc n he told me its perioral dermititis n i hv serchd it online its same.. im taking sotretafter dinner n applyin metrogen gel mixed with acnesole cl gel and pacroma at night... its not improving .. i just want to knw that these medicine are right?? because there is no improvement at all... n my doc told me to continue these... its really frustrarting... plz help..