itching around hairline,eyelashes and eyebrows
About 6 months ago I  developed itching arond my hairline,eyebrows and eyelashes. There is no rash,redness or infestation. I started using a dandruff shampoo and that seemed to help a little but it seems to come and go every few weeks. Now my eyebrows are falling out in small patches,the hair grows back but i would like to know whats causing this and how to stop it.

Without examination,confirming a diagnosis is tough but some of the possibilities for your symptoms are dermatitis or eczema,seborrheic dermatitis ,fungal infections of the eyebrows and eyelashes or systemic diseases like diabetes or peripheral nerve diseases.

Ketoconazole containing anti-fungal shampoos control the symptom if fungal infection is suspected.Dermatitis like seborrheic or atopic may require steroids.It is also important to get blood sugar levels estimated.

I feel that an evaluation by a dermatologist will be the best.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.