itching feet
I have intense itching and thickening of skin on my feet.  The only way it is relieved is if I itch until I remove the thickened layer of skin which will have a small papule or many clustered together attached to it, leaving a pit in the area it was removed from.  That area of itching is then relieved.  I have also seen what appears to be a hairlike root attached to the skin that is removed-again leaving a deeper pit, though it is more like a fine "wire' than a soft hair.  This seems to spread under the layers of skin, causing the thickening to cover the whole sole of my foot and up onto the sides, like in the moccasin pattern at times.  Other than the thickened skin, there is nothing visible on the surface of the skin, unless I have a sore from itching or removing teh thickened skin. I have been told it is not athlete's foot.  I have had this for YEARS and it is frustrating me terribly, as I have seen doctors numerous times for it and always told it is something else, like dry skin, possible allergy to dyes, etc.  Please help.

How are you? I would recommend that you try to stop scratching to break the  scratch-itch cycle.  Lichen simplex chronicus or neurodermatitis circumscripta, is an itchy skin condition causing thickened skin at the areas of skin injured by repeated scratching and rubbing. This is the skin's response to chronic physical trauma. The gradual thickening of skin, caused by repetitive scratching and rubbing, is called lichenification.This can appears more frequently in middle-aged and older adults. Conditions that can lead to lichen simplex chronicus include: insect bites,  scars, eczema , dry skin, poor circulation in the legs and even  stress or anxiety.
Use oil based creams or moisturizers to help relieve itchy skin. Over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream my also help reduce the itch. If it persists, a skin biopsy may be done to help with the diagnosis. You can read more about this through this link: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/neurodermatitis/DS00712

Take care and keep us posted.
I have this itchyness and thick and rough feeling all over my body. It starts in the feet and now it has on my face. Im so frightened right now and dont know what to do. its about 2 weeks now andmy face is surrounded with this itchy rashes. what wil I do? Im begging for help!