itching from calf to ankle
for the past six months I've had severe itching Fri ny calf to my ankle on with legs. At first glance there is no sign of a rash but if i continue to scratch vague skin colored bumps appear. The itching occurs  but is not limited to the late afternoon. I've tried several allergy cream with no luck. It seems to be getting worse. I've noticed as long as my mind is occupied on something else then the urge to scratch is greatly reduced. My skin is not dry i do nt shave my legs there is no sign of rash or bumps that are noticeable until i scratch. Any useful help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi there,
I can confirm the cause only after a clinical examination.There are several conditions which can cause itching from calf to ankle. The common possibilities are Keratosis Pilaria.In this condition there are bumps appearing like goose bumps that are skin-colored, red, or brown. They may itch.Acne, follicultis can also give rise to these symptoms. Stasis eczema appears as rough reddish, purplish, swollen, itchy skin on lower legs in persons with varicose veins, vein thrombosis or other vessel related disorders. It can also be possible that you have urticaria or hives. It is frequently caused by allergic reactions. The allergen can be in the environment, food or even insect bite can cause hives. Get it evaluated by a dermatologist.Only an external examination can confirm the cause. Do write to me again.
Take care and best regards!