itching in foreskin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itching in foreskin

hi, i had itching in my groin area which i tried to treat with hydrocortisone cream, but i dont know how it passed to my foreskin and head , it becomes red and i can see all small red bumps below the head i am uncircumcised the infection is also on the outer side of the foreskin and get red and itchy, it is slowely moving towards my thies as i sometime feel like scrathing them too, it is reduced for time being with the cream but reappears, i get up at night because of the itch, seen a nurse practitioner but it did not help, i do not have any smell or dishcharge but redness and a lot of itching in the head and in groin area for more than 6 months, please help with some solution to this problem. Thanks.

This discussion is related to itchy foreskin.
From your symptoms the possibility of scabies needs to be ruled out. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.