itching of hands and feet
I am feeling itching on my hands and feet for nearly a month now. This is particularly happens at night.
can a medical expert pls advise the cause. I am going for an ultrasound this month. really concern!
USG for itching hands and feet?Do not think this will possibly find the key to your problem.

Itching of hands and feet could be due to dermatological problems like allergies or dermatitis or eczema (palmolantar dermatitis or dyshidrosis), being most common.SLE (auto immune),secondary dissemination, Keratolysis,being less common.

USG is recommended for people who have got such common factors being ruled out.Other systemic diseases like Primary Liver cirrhosis (if you a chronic alcoholic), Carpal Tunnel syndrome (median nerve compression, but mostly felt as numbing itching,different from classical itching, in hands)USG may be prescribed but not effective in ruling out Carpal Tunnel syndrome,food allergies (milk,eggs,peanuts,sea foods and soy),etc.

If you have serious itching in hands and feet then you must undergo clinical examination by a dermatologist first and get ruled out all the possible dermatological conditions.But itching hands and feet is not the primary symptom for other potential systemic causes but a sign when all dermatological aspects are cleared out.

USG merely for itching hands and feet is not a correct investigation.Talk to your Doctor and clear all your doubts.Classical itching has signs like scaling,flaky,red skin rashes and tenacious scratch marks of extremities (dorsum of hands and feet).Make sure you get the correct examination and prescription by a specialist.