itching of lower arms, lower legs and feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have suffered this itching to lower arms, lower legs and feet for 25 years.  I later found out that I had hyperthyroidism and once treated, the itching decreased.  Although, I had scratched until bleeding for so many years, the scaring is pretty bad.  I am also allergic to sulfer drugs and if I drink wine, the itching increases terribly.  When I am in the sun the itching starts again.  When the summer heat started this year, my lower arms started itching again.  Although the itching is not as bad as it was when my thyroids were out of wack, the summer brings severe itching.  I would love a solution to the itching where my skin is not so scared from scratching.

This discussion is related to Severe Itching on arms.
Tags: Itching
Ok we have a current problem and were not done doing research yet however we found that pure tee trea oil helps and in some cases totaly stops the itching however we are not sure of any long term side affects of using pure tea tree oil made by malaluca products as of yet. Or using all natural bath products such as soaps and message oils or lotions works also. We get ours from Mountain Mist Herbals the website is mmherbals.com.