itching toes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itching toes

Hello! Lately I have been experiencing itch on my toes & between of my toes. I have applied lotion, vaseline and vicks but the itch keeps on coming back consistently, and to the point where I sit up in the middle of the night and scratch them individually. I'm rubbing my toes together as im typing right now. I sometimes soak my feet for a good 10-15 mins. Please help?
Fungal infections are usually wet looking and are itchy. It is typically transmitted in moist areas where people walk barefoot, such as showers or bathhouses.
Keep the area dry and keep a separate towel for yourself. Most forms of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine, and clotrimazole.
You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Undecylenic acid (a castor oil derivative) is a known fungicide and Whitfield’s ointment can also be used for fungal skin infections such as athlete's foot.

In case the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist in that case. Oral antifungals may be needed. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.